Just because the temperatures are heating up outside, it does not mean you have to forego walking and biking along Hot Springs Village trails. Follow these tips to ensure a fun and safe experience on the trails.
· Head out for your hike first thing in the morning or in the evening since the temperature will be cooler. Hiking in full sun is difficult and could lead to heat exhaustion.
· Bring along a backpack and make sure you have cold water. Pack an extra long-sleeve layer just in case. Snacks or sandwiches are a good idea, too, if you're planning on being out for a few hours or more.
· Apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes before you head out. Keep the bottle in your pack, and reapply at least every two hours.
· Pack some bug spray to keep mosquitoes, gnats and other pests at bay while trekking through the woods.
· Wear real shoes that have rugged soles. Hiking boots are best because of ankle support but trail running shoes will work too
· Wear lightweight and comfortable clothes made of wicking material.
For more information on Hot Springs Village trails, go to www.hsvpoa.org | Recreation | Trails.