The sale and use of fireworks are forbidden in the Village and inside Hot Springs. In the City of Hot Springs anyone found in violation could be fined up to $500.00. The City of Hot Springs allows commercial fireworks displays, following strict state guidelines and permitting under the watchful eye of the Hot Springs Fire Department.
For the upcoming Independence Day celebration, there are three permitted fireworks displays within the City of Hot Springs, all occurring at dusk:
Wednesday, July 3 – “Spa Blast” at Oaklawn Racing and Gaming, 2705 Central Avenue
Thursday, July 4 - Magic Springs and Crystal Falls theme park, 1701 East Grand Avenue
Saturday, July 6 – Power Boats, 4903 Central Avenue (at the Highway 7 Bridge on Lake Hamilton)
Residents outside of city limits are advised to follow these important safety tips:
• Never allow children to play or ignite fireworks. Sparklers, considered by many the ideal “safe” firework for the young, burn at very high temperatures and can ignite clothing. Children cannot understand the danger involved and cannot act appropriately in case of emergency.
• Read and follow all warnings and instructions.
• Be sure other people are out of range before lighting fireworks.
• Light fireworks on a smooth, flat surface only, away from the house, dry leaves, and flammable materials.
• Never try to relight fireworks that have not fully functioned. Douse and soak them with water and throw them away.
• Keep a water source handy in case of a malfunction or fire.
• Keep unused fireworks away from firing areas.
• Never position any part of the body directly over a firework while lighting.
• Observe local laws.
The Hot Springs Fire Department wishes everyone a safe and happy Independence Day.