The Hot Springs Village Department of Public Works reminds residents to abide by the following procedures related to trash pickup.
Residential Solid Waste:
· All household waste must be placed in a heavy-duty plastic bag that does not exceed 40 pounds including contents.
· Residential waste must be placed at the street edge in front of the residence no later than on the day of collection.
· Residential trash cans are provided by the property owner, except in certain townhouse areas. Residential cans can be no larger than 42 gallons.
· No yard waste, special collection items, or building materials will be collected or mixed with any regular household waste.
· Residential customers are limited to a maximum of four (4) waste cans.
· For an additional fee, special service may be provided for at house collection of solid waste. All at-house collection must be placed within 100 feet of the edge of the pavement.
Items accepted in household waste include food products, plastic products, non-recyclable paper products
none-recyclable metal containers, paint cans with dried paint, and light bulbs.
Items not acceptable for pick up include chemicals, motor oil, anti-freeze, dirt and rocks, construction material (carpet, lumber, paint), batteries, and logs.
For a complete list of sanitiation rules, go to http://hsvpoa.org/files/pdf/TrashRulesRegs.pdf.