Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Within the Gates by Jeff Smith

Within the Gates is the new thriller written by Sentinel Record reporter Jeff Smith. Smith lives in and writes about Hot Springs Village.

Recently, I purchased Smith's book for my Amazon Kindle. Although there were a few download issues with sentence misplacement in a couple of places the book is a gem. It is fast paced and grabs your attention from sentence one and keeps you avidly reading to the end. I knew Smith was a good writer and a stickler for detail. Still, his talent for storytelling amazed me.

If you like thrillers, stories of witness protection, hiding in plain sight, outsmarting the criminal element, etc. you will love this book. I ripped through Smith's first novel over one weekend and it left me hungry for more. More of his writing and more of his characters.

Smith's first novel is set for the main part in Hot Springs Village. The Village is a character in itself.

Within the Gates burst onto the publishing scene on December 16. In almost a month after publication the book is starting to garner notice. Within the Gates is available from Starshine Publishing for $16.95 and on Amazon for $9.99. To order a copy of the book from Jeff Smith call 627-5829.

Smith's next book is well on its way to completion. The new book is set in north Louisiana. Smith has five books outlined and in the works at this time. One of the outlined books will revisit a character from Within the Gates. I can't wait.

In addition to working on his novels and writing for the Sentinel Record, Smith is often seen on the Woodlands' stage  in the Village. He is an active member of the HSV Players and has appeared in several shows in the last five years.

If you are familiar with Smith, pick up a copy of his book and be amazed by your friend and colleague's innate talent.

There will be a book signing at The Book Place in the future. I will post when a date is set.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff's story's main character is actually my father. He and Jeff are good friends, and Jeff told our family about his next book. I have not read Within The Gates yet, but I look forward to reading it soon.

    ReplyDelete