Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Letter from Rep. Mike Ross

Our nation is dealing with some tough issues right now, from jobs and the economy to our national debt. These issues aren’t exclusive to Washington – they impact all of us. They impact how we support our families, how we care for our seniors, how we educate our young people and how we secure the future of this great country.

Now, more than ever, I believe our leaders need to stop listening to the political fringes, stop listening to the special interests and lobbyists and start listening to the American people. Listening to you has always been one of my top priorities as your Congressman and it always will. That’s why I continue to host town hall meetings throughout our entire congressional district – to listen to you and to take your concerns back to our nation’s capital.

In August, I will be continuing my town hall tour across Arkansas’s Fourth Congressional District by hosting 14 more town hall meetings, building off a series of town hall meetings already held this year. I believe it’s absolutely critical for members of Congress to get out of Washington, come home and listen to the people they represent. That’s why I never moved to Washington and why I come home every weekend and during August to listen to you.

These public forums are also in addition to the series of monthly telephone town hall meetings I’ve been hosting throughout the year for those who can’t make these meetings in person, such as working families, parents of small children and senior citizens who have trouble leaving their homes.

These telephone town halls are an easy and convenient way for you to get answers from your congressman and to share your thoughts and concerns from the comfort of your own home. The next telephone town hall meeting will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 7 p.m. CT.

To see a full schedule for my upcoming town hall meetings and to learn how you can join my telephone town halls, visit ross.house.gov/events, log on to Facebook at facebook.com/RepMikeRoss or on Twitter at twitter.com/RepMikeRoss. As always, you may also call my Washington office toll free at 1-800-223-2220 for more information.

As your United States Congressman, listening to you and traveling across the 29 counties in our congressional district is an important part of my job and has always been my pledge to you – a pledge that I will continue throughout my time in Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment