Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

East Coast Blues

Like many of you enjoying a bright sunshiny day in Arkansas our thoughts are somewhere along the east coast with loved ones and friends. My daughter is in Connecticut and my stepson and his family are in New York.

We have been frantically e-mailing and texting as they have no electricity and want to know what is going on. It is hard to comprehend that the rains will continue to pelt the area for the rest of today and tomorrow. This is the storm that just won't quit.

All we can do is keep texting back calm and soothing words. Eventually, it will stop raining. Hopefully, the flooding won't be as bad as expected. I know the children are bored sitting in the dark but this to will pass.

I am grateful everyone is tucked away safely. I silently promise myself I will buy more of those solar radio/flashlights that have plug in rechargers for cell phones and other electronic equipment. Being prepared is the best revenge in a situation like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment