Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Reiki practitioner spoke to Rotarians

Leslie Case, a Reiki practitioner, gave a talk last week to members of the Rotary Club of Scenic 7. She also demonstrated her healing technique on a Rotarian with a shoulder ache.
Case talked about the history of the Reiki healing art and using her knowledge to help ease pain and stress in others. Case lightly touches her clients and uses her hands to direct healing energy from the client back to the client. Nothing of Case is transferred in the process.
Case also discussed the benefits she has obtained with Reiki treatment. She has been able to stop some of her medications with the healing under her doctor's supervision. She has also regained hearing in one of her ears.
She repeated testimonials given by her sister, a Reiki skeptic, that has benefitted from Reiki treatment.
Case explained how Reiki could be used for distance healing.
Earlier this year, Case offered me a session in exchange for some editing of an article she would like to publish. I was a little trepidatious of the process. We sat down and discussed what the treatment would entail. Case answered basic questions about the process and made it clear she could not diagnose but would discuss what she felt after the treatment. Fully clothed I laid down on her comfy massage table.
She started with my head and lightly touched her way down specific energy points on the front of my body and then I was turned over and the process was repeated down my backside. Soft music played in the background and I swear at one point I was so relaxed I could hear myself snore.
After the treatment Case told me what areas she felt I might be holding some stress. Her goal in treatment was to balance my bodies natural energy thereby promoting healing by balancing.
I was out of whack on my right side because I am deaf on my left side and over compensate. A few weeks following the treatment I discovered I no longer needed to take blood pressure medications. I don't know what the relationship was to the Reiki treatment I am just happy to be free of a medication.
The treatment was a pleasant way to spend an hour. I felt relaxed and comforted. The benefits of a light touch Reiki treatment were I didn't feel pummeled or like I was releasing toxins following the treatment.
The Rotary Club of Scenic 7 meets today a little before noon at Molly O'Brien's on Highway 7. Today is the passing of the gavel for the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment