Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bari Searls most recent update from husband Warren

Warren Searls gives update on wife Bari and dogs, ETs, return home following Bari's hospitalization.
I don't know when ETs arrived home, but I was able to bring Bari home Friday evening. The wee ones, I'm thinking maybe that should be the wee-wee ones, and I were happy about that.
Some very good friends, Cathy and Bill Crawford, brought some much needed rehabilitation accessories to the house. Our son Mark added hold bars and a sliding shower head to the walk-in shower. Saturday morning Bari had a refreshing shower and shampoo.
I am amazed at how well she is able to use the walker and get herself around. She's very determined that this misfortune is not going to get the best of her. She did take one tumble maneuvering into the toilet room, that alerted us both as to how easy it is to fall when you least expect it. She survived that mishap without incidence, very lucky.
So, for at least a few weeks longer I will be the Captain of the household, cooking, cleaning, walking the dogs, pulling weeds, shouting at Bari telling her how much I love her and to please hurry up and get better. Of course, Bari will still be the Admiral of the household and I expect she will occasionally, ha-ha, give me some orders even though it is my temporarily my ship she's on.
Well folks, I hear the ting-a-ling of the Admiral's bell so I must go now and live up to my vows, you know, through sickness and in health..,...love, honor and obey!
Bari just got out of bed and I think I have lost control of the ship at least until she takes her next nap. All in all, our gal is doing fine and glad to be home and see our grandson, Steven, who came up from Dallas to spend the weekend, but is leaving today. She will be happy to hear from you and is welcoming visitors with a little advance notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment