Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

All Souls Day

Today is the Feast of All Souls day. This feast day is celebrated predominantly by the Catholic Church, but being from New Orleans, we look for any reason to celebrate and it is one of our celebration days.
Halloween brings us close to the other realm and All Soul's Day gives us the opportunity to celebrate the lives of our dearly departed. It is hard for me to imagine one without the other.
This is the day that with enough prayers for the departed they can win their transfer from purgatory into heaven for those that believe in purgatory.
Today is the day I say special prayers for my dad and now my mom, my grandparents, aunts, uncles and all other relatives and friends that have died.
I think of all of them at special days throughout the year but today is unique. I know my prayers will join with the prayers of others around the world thinking of their loved ones and holding them dear.
Have a happy and safe All Souls Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment