Pre-register today to participate in the 2014 Hot Springs Village Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP) Hunt, set for Nov. 1 – Dec. 15. The event, which is an archery only hunt, is regulated by the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission.
All hunters must attend the Hot Springs Village Mandatory Hunters Orientation Meeting on Saturday, Sept. 13 at 8:00 a.m. at the Ouachita Activities Building, Ponce de Leon Center, to participate in the hunt, no exceptions. Hunters will register, show proof of current licenses/cards and sign the POA waiver at the meeting. Maps showing designated hunting areas and dash passes will be distributed during the meeting. A question and answer session will also be held. The Ponce de Leon Center is located at 1101 DeSoto Blvd., in Hot Springs Village.
In addition to attending the mandatory orientation meeting, hunters must meet the following requirements to participate in the hunt:
· Participants must have a current Arkansas Game & Fish hunting license.
· Participants must have a current Arkansas Bow Hunter’s Association card.
· Participants must also complete the International Bowhunter Education Program. Hunters who complete the class will receive a lifetime Bowhunter Education Card. For more information, go to www.arkansasbowhunters.org or contact J.D. Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-733-2921.
· Hunters must hunt from an elevated deer stand that is 10 feet above the ground.
· Hunters must check deer harvested at the HSV Cortez Fire Station and with the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission via telecheck, internet, or smartphone. For more information, go to www.agfc.com.
· The first deer bagged must be donated to Arkansas Hunter’s Feeding the Hungry Program. It is the hunter’s responsibility to deliver deer to the processor.
Arkansas Game and Fish Commission allows harvesting of both bucks and does. Hunters may harvest two bucks, but those deer must be checked using their license allocation. Bonus doe tags must be issued through DMAP.
For more information, contact the HSV Permitting & Inspections Department at 922-5562.
Relive your college days at the “drive in” showing of Animal House at the
on Sept. 13. The movie, which is sponsored by Boomers Rock and the HSV
Recreation Department, is a comedy about a misfit group of fraternity members
who challenge the dean of Magellan
Driving Range . The cast
includes John Belushi, Karen Allen, Tom Hulce, Kevin Bacon and Tim Matheson. It
is rated R. Fabor
Golf carts are welcome and the Magellan Deli will be open for beverages (beer, wine and soda). There will be a trivia contest with prizes and free popcorn courtesy of Boomers Rock.
Tickets, which are $5.00 per person in advance are available online at www.HSVTicketSales.com. Tickets will be $7.50 at the door.
Bring your own lawn chair or blanket and enjoy a great evening at the movies!
Have you recently purchased a new vehicle? When selling or trading your personal vehicle, remember to remove the HSV member decal. Members who bring in a current year decal will receive a new current year decal at no charge. For more information, call 922-5556.