Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Status of blog

6,034 hits and growing by leaps and bounds. The blog site is becoming a viable news, arts and entertainment source for the Village.
Too bad the local newspaper is expending so much energy to have me thrown out of meetings and making me pay to revue entertainment venues. The stealth campaign has been successful in some areas but not in all, I refuse to lie down and die.
According to POA ex-general manager Dave Johnston, the local paper complained about me being at the press table at POA meetings. The executive board members decided I could stay once my credentials were displayed. After all, the blogsite belongs to the HSV Chamber of Commerce.
Jerry Kosoglow, interim POA general manager, stated yesterday he does not believe a blog is news. Well, I don't know what to say to such a ridiculous statement.
Jim Harlow of the recreation committee told me the local paper has threatened to quit covering some POA events if I am allowed to continue to cover events for my blog.
Ugly rumors spread by members of the administration of the local paper include telling people point blank I quit the paper, not true, I was fired and have the Department of Workforce Services documentation as proof. I was fired for disagreeing with a bone-headed decision made by said administration. Firing me was a second bone-headed decision.
Ugly rumor number 2 is that I don't have credentials and should be excluded from meetings. So untrue, I have worked for several papers before and have the clippings to prove it. None of the reporters at the local paper have previous newspaper experience. There are a couple of retired coaches, teachers and a librarian.
I started my career as a columnist for L'Observateur in LaPlace, Louisiana. I became a theater critic for the same paper. I worked writing advertorials, news and theater reviews for the St. Tammany News Banner in Covington, Louisiana. Next, I was the society editor for the St. Tammany Farmer also in Covington, Louisiana. I was the editor of the Sedona Times in Sedona, Arizona. I was a new reporter for the Prescott Daily Sun in Prescott, Arizona. Then, believe it or not I moved to radio news at the local station in Pagosa Springs, Colorado.
I have credentials and I have experience.
Why should Villagers be forced to limit their choices for where to get their news. There is enough success out there for everyone.
In addition to my news background I bring years of performance in local theater and with the New Orleans Opera Associations opera chorus. I also bring a knowledge of legal matters from the many years I worked as a legal secretary/paralegal. I have accountability and ethics unlike others and their stealth campaign.
I am mad but I am not giving up. Because I am unemployed, I don't have a lot of money to pay for tickets to events. The Iafrates were kind enough to donate a ticket to me for The Sunshine Boys, see my review in a previous post.
If you are interested in seeing my reviews continue I need to have tickets or admittance to the events. If you are not using your seat for an event and would like to put it to good use, let me know and I will sit in your seat and review a show. If you want to donate a ticket contact me at insidehotspringsvillage@yahoo.com I will be forever grateful. Thanks for helping grow the blog from nothing in late April to over 6,000 hits today.

No comments:

Post a Comment