Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

Beating the heat inside

I could explain away my seven day absence from the blog as due to the unbearable heat we have had here in the Village but that would be untrue. It has been very hot but I have been plugging along doing my thing.
Every time my husband leaves town I pick a do it yourself, DIY, project and run with it. When he went to his high school 50 year reunion in May I removed the popcorn from the ceiling of his bedroom, repainted and hung new curtains. When he went to his family reunion in July I removed the popcorn from the ceiling in the guest room, guest bath and laundry room. I managed to paint the guest bedroom and bath but the laundry room is half naked and awaiting a coat of paint.
This past week, Lee went to New York City to meet both his boys and all the grandchildren for one big birthday celebration. Four out of seven of the grandchildren had birthdays this month.
I bit off more than I could chew, I removed the popcorn ceiling from the living room, foyer, two hallways, the dining room, the kitchen and the breakfast room. I painted the foyer, living room and one of the bedrooms. He returned home to chaos.
This week I did crawl out of my work cave to cover some local events. I attended the POA assignment program talk given by POA board member Jeff Atkins to the Rotary Club of Scenic 7. I also attended the special townhouse association board meeting concerning the Guadalajara Courts' bridge. I attended all of the audition for the Players production of Annie Get Your Gun, including the call backs. I gave a talk to the Rotary Club of Hot Springs Village on being an opera singer, I covered the most recent ACC meeting and I heard Lori Holzworth give a talk on elder law to the Rotary Club of Scenic 7.
I will disseminate all of that information as quickly as possible.
I still need to complete my DIY project but I now have a motivated helper. My husband hates chaos and will be walking the dogs, taking care of the yard, offering moral support and helping me get the project done.
The play auditions were the highlight of my week. The Village has so many talented people. Show director Carolyn Bodensteiner has her work cut out for her. She is currently making personal phone calls to those that made the cast and will announce the cast this weekend. I did get a phone call last night a few minutes before nine from a very excited Ben Carey. He got the part of Annie's brother/cousin. He is looking forward to gracing the Woodlands' stage again. Ben played my son Winthrop in the Players production of Music Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment