Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kindle a big hit

I love my birthday present from my husband, a Kindle. The Kindle is a hand held electronic device a little bigger than a paperback book that transmits reading material. I picked a few books from the over half a million available on Kindle at Amazon.com. I shopped for accessories, a light and a case. I picked the size print for each book. I've already finished one book and have another well under way. I can flip back and forth between books with an easy to use toggle button.
This is more fun than an avid reader can stand. The couple of times I have shopped this week instead of buying books at the store I study them to see if I think I want to down load them or not. Now book shopping is more of an adventure because the Kindle store has more books available than my local shopping nooks and crannies.
I made a trip to the library yesterday to donate several of my books I know I won't read again and don't need for reference. I no longer feel I have to hold on to every book I read. This Kindle has freed me in some way.
I am also still in the throws of spring cleaning and getting rid of some of my books and DVDs has been an ongoing process. It is just getting easier.
I have taken my Kindle on long walks, in the car and around the house. It is lightweight and holds hours of entertainment. I am heading off to Eureka Springs to see a couple of operas next week and I am looking forward to packing light for a change. No need to bring a few books, I will just bring my Kindle along.

No comments:

Post a Comment