Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day tomorrow

Here are a few quotes concerning mothers since tomorrow is Mother’s Day. This is my first Mother’s Day since my mom died and she is heavy on my mind.
I spent yesterday cleaning her room at my house, just in case there is another realm and she decides to check on me tomorrow, her room is ready.
Joseph Stefano, 1922-
"A boy’s best friend is his mother." Psycho (screenplay) (1960), spoken by Anthony Perkins.
Eugene O’Neill, 1888-1953
"God is a Mother." Strange Interlude (1928), pt. 1, act V
Jane Taylor, 1783-1824
"Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My mother." Original Poems for Infant Minds (1804) My Mother, st. 6
Phillis McGinley, 1905-1977
A mother’s hardest to forgive.
Life is the fruit she longs to hand you,
Ripe on a plate. And while you live,
Relentlessly she understands you." The Adversary
Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1803-1882
"Men are what their mother’s made them." The Conduct of Life (1860)

No comments:

Post a Comment