Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Another birthday down

I had a delightful birthday yesterday, thanks for all the facebook good wishes and sweet telephone calls. As I've said before 2013 has been a tough one for us so far but it looks like things are turning around.

On January 17 we had to put down our beloved ten year old Golden Retriever Harry, on May 17 our lovable mutt Wags joined Harry. I was sick for all of January, most of February and March and a lot of April.

But, good news follows. We adopted an adorable brother and sister from the Animal Welfare League in the Village, Ruthie and Solomon. They are black and white Lab, Basset, Beagle mixes. They joined our family two months ago today. Wags enjoyed taking walks with them but would get ticked off when they interrupted his naps. He missed Harry just as much as we did.

I finally went to an ENT in April and was diagnosed with Laryngopharyngeal reflux, leave it to me not to get regular reflux. Now, I have a very restricted diet with lots of new rules. About the only meat I can have is turkey. I miss tomatoes the most but I am feeling so much better.

Instead of just getting my once every five years colonoscopy, this year I get to add an upper GI as well. The upper GI will let me know how much damage the disease did while running rampant in my body. Unfortunately, this kind of reflux is often the precursor to esophageal cancer. Needless to say  I am hoping that is not the case.

Lee and I are busy getting the house in shape with repairs and fresh paint. We are spring cleaning like crazy. We have reached that point in our lives when we are passing on family items to our children. (What we haven't passed on, the puppies have chewed.) We have been busy streamlining. It is refreshing to do without so much clutter.

Thank you again for your good wishes. I am sure 57 will be much better than the last few months of 56. This year I look forward to writing more, both fiction and non-fiction. I promise to add something to the blog on a daily basis. There is always news in the Village.

Good luck and good reading to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment